- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
The data controller for this website is SOR Controls Group. Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal information relating to, associated with, or used to identify or contact a natural person (e.g., name, email address, phone number, address, etc.) This information is collected based on your consent and our legitimate interest for purposes such as processing your orders or enforcing our contracts.
- Credit card information. This information is collected based on your consent and our legitimate interest for purposes such as processing your orders or enforcing our contracts.
- Usage data about user online activity that, by itself, does not identify an individual (e.g., IP address; technical information about your browser, service provider, operating system and visited webpages; metadata). This information is collected based on your consent and our legitimate interests in providing this Website to you and understanding how you access and use the Website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide SOR Controls Group with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Provide the Website to you
- Process your order and manage your account
- To communicate with you
- To better understand how users access and use the Website
- To help us develop new products and services or improve our existing products or services
- To provide information about products and services that may be relevant to you; and
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other applicable policies and contracts.
If you agree, SOR Controls Group will share your data with our company brands so that they may offer you their products and services.
- SOR Measurement and Control, SSi Temperature Sensors and SENSOR Sampling Systems
When SOR Controls Group processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
SOR Controls Group retains information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. We also retain Personal Information to comply with applicable law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service, collect any fees owed and other actions permitted by law. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information, we dispose of it according to our data retention and deletion policies.
We employ measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Website. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Website are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our digital services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Website without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of any of the Website is restricted to authorized users only.
Transfers of Personal Data
Our main administrative offices are based in the United States and that’s where we process personal information collected through our website. When you provide personal information to us, we request your consent to transfer that personal information to the United States or other jurisdictions outside of the United States. The United States does not have an adequacy decision from the European Commission, which means that the Commission has not determined that the laws of the United States provide adequate protection for personal information. Although the laws of the United States do not provide legal protection that is equivalent to EU data protection laws, we maintain your personal information by treating it in accordance with this Notice.
SOR Controls Group would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- website newsletter signup
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at any time.
You have the right to stop SOR Controls Group from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the SOR Controls Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
State and international consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. SOR Controls Group would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. You may be entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request SOR Controls Group for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SOR Controls Group correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SOR Controls Group to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SOR Controls Group erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SOR Controls Group restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to SOR Controls Group processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SOR Controls Group transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If our processing of your personal information is based on consent, you may withdraw your consent for such processing at any time.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 913-888-2630
Or contact us via our website
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – SOR Controls Group uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – SOR Controls Group uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. SOR Controls Group sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Individuals in the EU have the right to make a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Call us: 913-888-2630
Or contact us via our website