Low Vapor Pressure Liquids
About Low Vapor Pressure Liquid Sampling Systems
This group of process liquids has a vapor pressure < 19 psia and will not generally vaporize under normal atmospheric conditions. Samples in this group are caught in bottles with a cap and septum sealing system used to capture venting and eliminate spilling of the sample during transport to the lab. The sample valve design provides for excellent flow control during filling, reducing the potential of operator or environmental exposure.
The SENSOR Basic Bottle Sampling System (BBSS), is a closed loop sampling system utilizing a unique flow-thru valve design that simplifies the sampling process by eliminating additional operations in order to grab a sample. The design allows for sample collection, venting and nitrogen purge within the interior of the sample valve. The valve design allows for virtually NO dead volume when used in conjunction with the SENSOR Needle Evacuation System (NES) option.
For process pressures > 175 psig the SENSOR Pressure Isolating Bottle Sampling System (PIBSS) is perfect for handling hazards that tend to compound with increased operating pressures. The sampling system PIBSS is designed to isolate the operator from the process pressure, while blowing the sample into the bottle at N2 purge pressure, usually set to 6 psig.
These closed loop sampling system types can be used to sample a wide variety of chemicals and petrochemicals where there is concern for personnel exposure and environmental impact. Sampling components can be fabricated from 316L SS, Hastelloy C276, Monel and other similar types of materials.
- Designed for placement into fast loop to ensure fresh representative sample is always present
- Flow-thru sample valve design to reduce dead volume, plugging and sample contamination
- Versatile, multifunctional design allows for a variety of sampling techniques with common components
- Sample valve stem threads are located above the valve packing to provide long-lasting and reliable operation
- Sample valve utilizes a metal seat and a floating ceramic ball design for sealing
- Components are panel mounted on 11gauge 304 SS plate to prevent warping and process leakage
- Operating Instruction Manual included
- Standard Design Conditions up to 2,000 psig and 800oF maximum with cooler and Graphoil packing
- Specialty Chemicals