Mini-Hermet – Explosion Proof Pressure/Compound Pressure Switch
30 in Hg VAC to 7000 psi, 1 bar VAC to 480 bar
Unit: ATEX, UL/CSA, INMETRO, SILSnap Switch: ATEX, TestSafe (SAA), UL/CSA
Process pressure changes act on the diaphragm/piston assembly to actuate and de-actuate a snap-action electrical switching element at discrete process pressures. The pressure sensing element of the explosion-proof Mini-Hermet pressure/compound pressure switch is a force-balanced, piston-actuated assembly sealed by the conventional Static O-ring type that SOR pioneered.
The switching element assembly is hermetically sealed in a stainless steel capsule with the maximum explosion-proof rating.
The small, compact size of the SOR Mini-Hermet makes it extremely popular in offshore oil and gas fields because it doesn’t require much space on the skids and it is corrosion resistant.
- Hermetically sealed snap switches
- Ranges from 30 in Hg vacuum to 7000 psi
- Set point adjustment without declassification of hazardous area
- Worldwide agency approvals
- Pressure Switch Application Coal-Fired Power Plant (Form 1293) (pdf) (opens in a new tab)
- Pressure Switch Application_Rupture Discs (Form 1565) (pdf) (opens in a new tab)
- Mini Hermet Application Note_Pig Launcher (Form 1711) (pdf) (opens in a new tab)
- Pressure Switch Application-Unloading Pump Shutdown (Form 1732) (pdf) (opens in a new tab)